The movie “The Crossing” based on Maja Lunde’s book is awarded EFA Young Audience Award 2021, where 3,600 young jurors from 38 countries vote for their favorite.
… an important war story for children …
A thriller about life and death, courage, faith, friendship and deadly fear.
Autumn 1942. Four children are heading for the Swedish border. For two of them it is a matter of life and death: Sarah and Daniel are Jewish and soon to be deported by the Nazis. For a long time they’ve managed to stay hidden in a basement. But when their parents are arrested, they decide to flee. They have to walk many, many miles through the woods before they hopefully can reach freedom. Fortunately they meet some good helpers along the way. But who can they really trust?
The movie based on the book has earned international awards and prais from the critics: “…engaging, warm and wise…” (Dagbladet) and “Unpleasant war drama for children” (NRK).
“The Crossing” film award list:
- Main Prize 2020 The Golden Slipper, for best feature film for children, Zlin International Film Festival for Children and Youth
- Cinekid Lion Audience Award 2020
- Press Award 2020, Filem’on – Brussels International Children’s Film Festival
- EFCA Feature Award 2020, Filem’on – Brussels International Children’s Film Festival
- Children’s Jury Prize 2020, Nordic Film Days Lübeck
- European Children’s Film Association 2020 – ECFA Award Oulu International Children’s and Youth Film Festival
- Emerging Filmmakers Jury Prize 2021, Atlanta Jewish Film Festival
- EFA Young Audience Award 2021